The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations at the 2017 Nursing Summit, held October 11-13.
Accepted poster authors will receive a 50% discount off the regular registration price to attend the conference.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:
The Michigan Center for Nursing welcomes abstracts for poster presentations related to the Summit agenda or on the following topics:
leadership mentoring collaboration public-population health health equity/inequity social justice diversity inclusivity client centered care nursing education nursing practice interprofessional education
Abstracts of completed/in progress Research studies or completed Quality Improvement (QI) projects, or Evidence Based Practice Projects (EBP) on the topics listed above may be submitted.
Guidelines for preparing an abstract:
1. Abstracts are limited to 300 words, excluding title and author information.
2. Research or Evidence Based Practice abstracts should include: question/problem; purpose; design; methods; sample description; key findings; results.
3. QI project abstracts should include: background; objective/aim; QI methods; results; conclusions.
4. Do not cite or include references, bibliography, tables, brand or trade names.
5. Do not include personal, contact, identifying, or affiliation information on the abstract page.
6. Abstract material may have been presented or published previously.
Abstract Submission and Acceptance Process:
1. Submit a cover page as a separate document which includes: abstract title, name of author/researcher, credentials, affiliation, and contact information (email; phone).
2. Only one author can be identified as the presenter and make the presentation.
3. Only one author should submit the abstract for review.
4. An author may not present more than 2 accepted abstracts.
5. All communications will be directed to the presenting author only.
6. A BIO with contact information, plus conflict of interest (COI) form for the presenting author is required, and must be attached as a separate document. Qualification statements must be specific to the abstract, and describe how the presenter is qualified to present on the topic. For BIO/COI form see below.
7. If successfully reviewed, final abstract acceptance will be conditional until Summit Registration and Fee is received from the presenting author. All authors accepted will receive a discounted registration to the Summit.
8. Co-authors may be listed on multiple abstracts.
9. Do not submit the same abstract with different author names.
10. Poster presenters assume all costs related to poster preparation, travel, and related expenses.
11. All authors/researchers attending the Summit must register individually.
12. Email notification of conditional acceptance will be sent to the contact person by July 31, 2017.
13. Abstracts must be submitted by 12:00 AM EDT, June 30, 2017 to:Stacie.email@example.com.
Include the words “abstract submission” in the subject line of your email.
Review Criteria for Poster Abstracts:
For QI Projects – Clarity/Quality of Background, Objective/Aim, QI Methods, Results, and Conclusions For Research Abstracts or Evidence Based Practice Abstracts – Clarity/Quality of Question/Problem, Purpose, Design, Methods/Sample Description, and Key Findings/Results For Both – Relevance to recommended topics and Summit Culture of Health Theme, overall originality and significance
-Posters will be available for viewing Thursday, October 12 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (required) and Friday, October 13 from 8:00 AM to Noon (optional).
-Poster presenters may be available to discuss their work with Summit attendees during the last 15 minutes of the Thursday lunch break.
-Poster presenters are responsible for setting up and taking down posters at designated times.
-One easel will be available for each poster. Maximum poster size is: 5 X 6 feet; no exceptions.
-Posters must be of sturdy material, which can stand on the easel with no additional support.
Benefits of Presenting:
Share your research/QI project with an audience Disseminate your findings/results Receive feedback from colleagues Expand career opportunities Learn from others’ experiences Learn about diverse research/QI methods
Review of important deadlines:
Abstract submission deadline—June 30, 2017 by 12:00 AM EDT to Stacie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract conditional acceptance notification—July 31, 2017 sent via email to primary contact