The American Red Cross Disaster Health Services needs nurses and other health professionals as it helps victims of the flooding in Louisiana. The Red Cross needs to hear as soon as possible from those who can help.
Exact duties and demands change daily, but there are two broad requirements:
- You can make a nine-day commitment (seven days of work on the job and a day for travel at each end)
- You are a health care professional with a current, unencumbered license
The Red Cross seeks registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, licensed vocational nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and advanced practice registered nurses. (Here is more information for non-health professionals who wish to volunteer.)
Please contact Respond@redcross.org with this information:
1. Professional name
2. Email address
3. Professional license/certification
4. State in which you live
5. Airport(s) that you would fly from
6. Earliest date you can leave
7. Date you must be home
8. A phone number and good times to call
After the screening, those who are able to fit the need for this disaster relief effort will be asked to take a one-hour course, Health Services Fundamental 2.
Thank you for considering this request to help the thousands affected by the flooding.